Lugia's Pokemon Island

Lugia's Pokemon Island

This a Pokemon forum created for the enjoyment of the Pokemon Video Game. Please be active and have fun! :)

HomeMain PageFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Possible Team Retirement
Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm by PDC

» Uber n00bs
Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:15 pm by PDC

» Cincinaty Trolls - A Uber RMT
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 am by PDC

» OUUUU
Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 pm by PDC

» ou team
Thu May 27, 2010 6:37 pm by PDC

» RMT Revamp! (The return of failure)
Sun May 23, 2010 11:14 am by PDC

» uber.......efwgqwr
Wed May 12, 2010 4:56 pm by PDC

» Team Ultimate Destroyer: A VGC Team
Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:46 am by ProfDE

» Tournaments
Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 am by ProfDE

» Members only
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:03 pm by SuperSmashKart

» The Solid Storm~A PDC NFE team
Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 pm by Shadow ice

» More Articles Up
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm by Shadow ice

» Metagame Discussion
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:30 pm by Shadow ice

» Just Joined
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 pm by Shadow ice

» Latias Article
Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:03 pm by ProfDE

Affiliates

Important Pages

Share | 

Domination Team (Ubers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ProfDE
Admin

PostSubject: Domination Team (Ubers)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

Deoxys-e @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/6 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Signal Beam

This Deoxys role is to set up SR. It is the fastest Pokemon and can only be taunted in speed ties. Setting up SR is really huge because this makes my Groudon able to OHKO nearly anything after they take the SR damage. If I can also set up a layer or two of Spikes, it helps tremendously as they will be taken even more damage on switches. Signal Beam is the damaging attack I chose in case I lose the speed tie and get Taunted. More HP for durablility. It has helped me out in situations so I got off an extra layer of Spikes.

Killing machine (Mewtwo) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Basically this is a sweeper that requires no set up to do amazingly well. While I can't hit Kyogre with supereffective damage, I am able to hit almost everything else. Most of those moves are really needed. Now I've thought about Life Orb over expert Belt. The problem is that I don't like lowering my HP more than I have to with it. Most of the time the damage difference isn't going to be enough for a good enough reason for losign HP. It only helps against two main Pokemon. They are Palkia and Kyogre.

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/140 Def/118 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Aeroblast
- Whirlwind
- Roost

This Lugia is designed to be bulky. While it is capable of Aeroblast, it is not used often. Its main purpose is to spread around damage. This is a set up required for Groudon. It has immunity to EQ which helps tremndously. WHirwind is the most common attack to use. Calm Mind is good t oget in a few if you can safely do so. Roost is the recovery option because I need to be able to do Whirlwind as often as I can. While I could have done a Rest/Talk Whirlwind set, it would be much harder to do so. Darkrai would own it big time.

Semitruck (Groudon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/178 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Rock Slide

With the ability to survive any Physical Attack that isn't boosted, Rock Polish seems to make the most sense on Groudon. By getting that in place, I outrun everything else barring Scarfed Deoxys and a select few other scarfed Pokemon. I run a few more Speed EVs than the standard so I can outrun more things. Maximum attack is necessary so I can OHKO everything after setting up. Rock Slide is necessary to make it more easy to knock out Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/120 SAtk/138 SDef
Bold nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Roar
- Aura Sphere

Dialga's role is to spread damage around. It roars out opponents to make them take repeated hits from SR and Spikes. Rest is if the need/want to recover is necessary. Dragon Pulse for stab and hitting most Pokemon with at least neutral damage. Aura Sphere hits anything that resists Dragon with a minimum of neutral damage. I thought about Toxic instead of Aura Sphere, but then I don't have as easy of time with foe Dialga.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder
- Water Spout

This Kyogre is very simple, yet effective. Being that it is scarfed, it will outrun any nonscarfed Pokemon barring Deoxys Speed forme. It is used as a revenge killer as nothing resists all three attack types. Water Spout is when I have full health on switch in where Surf is better when I have damage on me.

This team has taken me to 1650+. The way it has been working for me has just been remarkable. Groudon is really the center of the team. After I get in the entry hazards, it becomes almost impossible to stop. It normally dies from priority or LO recoil. I might try running some calcs to see if Muscle Band would produce the same results. Kyogre cleans up any leftovers pretty easily with priority. Mewtwo will outrun the nonscarfed Pokemon, barring Deoxys and likely ko them with one hit. Hope you like the team.

Last edited by ProfDE on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong move on Groudon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shining Latios
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Domination Team (Ubers)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:01 am

Good team but I prefer Psychic instead of Whirlwind on Lugia since you have Roar already on Dialga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lugiaspokemonisland.forumotion.com
ProfDE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Domination Team (Ubers)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:06 am

Lugia's role is to spread damage around. It isn't to be dealing huge damage to their active. Most of the Pokemon in Ubers resist Psychic. Only a few actually resist Flying. Aeroblast also has higher base power and a high critical hit ratio. That is the reason for the moveset it has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domination Team (Ubers)   

Back to top Go down

Domination Team (Ubers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1